Valid as of 1 February 2019
Our Commitment to Privacy
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
The Information We Collect
When you visit the Company website getslideapp.com (the "website") or use one of our mobile applications, we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. We also may collect certain geo-location information. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you may not be able to use the Services.
If you open an account, we collect the following information from you:
• Account Information - text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
• Identification Information - your name, email address, date of birth, and ID Number (or other governmental issued verification numbers).
• Device Information
• We also may obtain information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, (b) from your educational institution such as student number, student residence information and information about your dining hall meal plan, and (c) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes. For fraud prevention purposes, we also may link your machine ID with the machines of others who use your same payment cards.
• Financial Information - bank account and branch code linked to your account. The Company does not share financial information with third party social networking services.
We are committed to providing a safe, secure and all around great service. Therefore, before permitting you to use the Services, we may require additional information from you we can use to verify your identity, address or other information or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention and similar services.
When you are using the Services, we collect information about your account transactions and trust relationships and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention and other similar purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
We will not collect or process sensitive personal information such as race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, genetic or biometric data, trade union membership, health and mortality data, or information about sex life and sexual orientation, unless we are required to by law (such as in a court case).
Your personal information will be stored for the entire time that you are registered for the Services, unless you explicitly request for your account to be unregistered or removed. For students who are no longer eligible to use the Services, your personal information will be automatically removed from the Services within one year of you leaving.
Information from Children
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18 unless the consent of their legal guardian. If you are under the age of 18, please make sure that you have obtained the consent from your guardian before using any the Services.
When you access the website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer.
For example, we send a "session cookie" to your computer any time you log in to your account on the Services. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don't need to ask you for your password on each page.
You are free to decline cookies from the Services if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the website.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in secure data centers. This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable international regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your password with anyone.
If the Company learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services, you agree that the Company may communicate with you electronically. The Company may post a notice on the website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach) you should notify us.
How We Use The Personal Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, fun and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
• provide the Services and customer support you request;
• process transactions and send notices about your transactions or your network activity;
• resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
• prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
• customize, personalize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
• send you updates about new products and services that we are offering to customers;
• compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
• perform other duties as required by law.
Your personal information is not used to make automated decisions that affect you and your usage of the Services. One exception is that automated decisions may be used to prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement, by automatically blocking suspicious devices and accounts. This is done to protect the Company systems and to protect our users.
How We Share Personal Information Within Our Network
To process transactions on the Services, we need to share some of your personal information with the person that you are transacting with. Your contact information, date of sign-up, transaction history and other verification metrics like social graph activity may be provided to users or third-parties when you transact with, on, or through the Services.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through the Services, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Parties
The Company does not share your personal information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information with:
• Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if the Company is compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Company User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
• Third party service providers who assist us in providing services to you or who provide fraud detection or similar services on our [or any vendor's] behalf.
• Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services); Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
• The Company’s partners and affiliates who work with the Company to offer the Services to you, will receive information about your transaction history, usage of the Services and aggregated metrics.
• Other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
You may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to review and update your personal information or to enquire about how your personal data is being used. If requested, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, be able to challenge its accuracy and completeness and amend it appropriately (except in circumstances prohibited by law). You may also change your preferences about how we use or disclose your information, and let us know if you do not want to receive further information from us.
Finally, you can also request to have your personal information removed if you no longer want to use the Services. In this case all of your personal information will be removed from our system. One exception is that bank account details used to withdraw money from the Services will be continue to be stored after accounts are removed, to prevent fraud and money laundering activities.
Links to Other Sites
The website may contain links to other sites. The Company does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from the website. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving the website and to read the privacy statements of any site that collects personally identifiable information.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com
How To Contact Us